Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Strawberry Picking

This past Sunday D. and I decided that we wanted to get out and do something fun, so we headed over to Linvilla Orchards to go strawberry picking. I had only ever gone berry picking once before.


Yep, I'm the one being carried by my sister. We were going blueberry picking. It looks like I was just going along for the ride.


Anyway, back to Linvilla... D. and I had such a grand time here, they do fruit picking from late spring to early fall and I can't wait to go back for peach picking, yummy!


The farmer's market sold food, as you can see some very poor choices were made. What you cannot see is the bag containing half a dozen apple cider doughnuts. Man, those were good.


We took a "hayride" to get to the fields. It was really a pickup truck with some hay on the bed, but I liked it.


Before.


After.


They may be tiny, but they are oh so delicious. There is just something quite unnatural about the behemoth strawberries that you buy at the grocery store. Strawberries should not be the size of apples, very unnatural indeed.


D. proved to be an excellent picker (that is after I told him he should not be picking berries that were half white).


So long Linvilla, we'll see you in peach season!


We made steamed lemon pudding with our fresh picked strawberries. What a delight!

2 comments:

  1. Wait, wait...you got Mr. "I hate red fruit" to pick strawberries with you? Or have you managed to convince him that there is nothing inherently evil about red food?

    Looks like you two are having fun...I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that "red fruit stuff" was all an act. The only thing he won't eat is cherries.

    I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...