Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Beverly Cleary and Ramona Quimby

Currently I am taking a Children's Literature class and was assigned to read Ramona and Her Father. Growing up I absolutely loved the Ramona series by Beverly Cleary and I especially like the early illustrations of some of her books done by Louis Darling.
(via google images)

This assignment led me to my nearby library to check out several more Ramona books that I remember liking so well from my childhood. I feel a little funny checking out so many children books, but the assigned reading caused me to remember just how much I really like Beverly Cleary.


I decided to write her a letter thanking her for her contribution to children's literature.

The original Ramona, she has since gone through a few makeovers to keep up with the times, but this original version will always be my favorite.


I am doing a presentation on this book. You could say I'm going through my childhood Ramona craze all over again. And that's okay with me.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Ramona and Beezus. I think I related more to Beezus being the oldest, I should read them again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...