Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

What's Cookin'?


The other day, I was incredibly bored at work so I began perusing through the cooking magazines that we have for sale. I came across an interesting looking recipe for chicken salad sandwiches (which I modified a teeny bit). Perhaps you are taken aback that it was a recipe for chicken salad since I am a pescatarian after all. Well I haven't fallen off of the bandwagon completely, but I do have my reasons (and a very good one at that).  


Rio De Janeiro Chicken Salad

Shredded Chicken
Plain Yogurt
Minced Yellow Onion
Minced Celery
Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper

Mix all of this in a bowl.

In another bowl add:

Shredded Carrots
Cilantro
a little bit of Olive Oil
Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper

Toast two pieces of whole grain bread, put on a piece of lettuce, chicken salad, and carrot relish. Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. if you are ever worried about getting enough protein....well when i was pregnant with the twins i had to get around 100-120 grams a day. (the average person needs around 30... and preg with just 1 baby around 60). anyway it's completely do-able as a pesco-vegetarian. so if you need any help let me know. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...