Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

What's Cookin'?


Today's post should be "what's bakin'?" oh well, mere technicality. I saw a recipe in Martha Stewart Living (of course) for popovers and I decided to try my hand at making them. Popovers are one of those recipes that intimidated me but I found out they are really simple to make. The recipe is so easy, but it does require that you have a popover pan. I had a merchandise card from Williams-Sonoma left over from my wedding plus 20% off so I stopped in my local store and picked up one of the funny looking pans. You can also find it on their website


They turned out picture perfect, I was pleasantly surprised.



Something about having these for breakfast was Christmas-y, always a bonus. I will certainly be making them again and again, so delicious with apricot preserves.

Popovers

2 1/2 C. whole milk (I used skim)
2 1/2 C. flour
1 t. coarse salt
6 large eggs, lightly whisked

Heat oven to 425 degrees. whisk together milk, flour, and salt. Whisk in eggs. (Mixture will be slightly lumpy) Heat two 6-cup popover pans in oven for 5 minutes, then quickly brush cups generously with butter. Fill each cup a little more than halfway with batter. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Turn our popovers, and serve warm.

Note: If not serving immediately, poke a small hole in each to release steam. Reheat before serving.

Makes 1 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...