Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Iced Tea

Yesterday was so deceptively summer-like, I decided I need to make some iced tea and fast, before the late afternoon chill set in. The only problem was that I didn't have any ice cubes made and how can you have iced tea without ice cubes? I remedied the situation and 3 short hours later I had my ice cubes and iced tea.


This passion fruit tea has such an intoxicating scent, makes you think it's the middle of June out in the tropics.


This is my magical faux Mason jar mug, drinking out of it makes me feel like I've gone back in time to the good 'ol summertime of the American south in the 1940's and that I've just come back from a country fair. Whenever I drink out of it I just imagine I'm sipping fresh squeezed lemonade through a red and white striped paper straw. And the lemonade is garnished with a sprig of mint. Corny I know.

Enough daydreaming, back to the iced tea....
Eight passion fruit tea bags, 1/8- 1/4 C. sugar, 4 cups boiling water for 4 minutes. Remove tea bags and enjoy.


Oh, and don't forget the ice! (I did mention I was a pescatarian, right?)

1 comment:

  1. It's not corny- it's cute and whimsical (who said that word too much?) I like your fish cubes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...