Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Problem With Korean Instructions...

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. What do you call someone who speaks two languages? Bilingual. What do you call somone who speaks one language? An American.


Well, that about sums it up.

My parents spent several years living in South Korea and I always looked forward to the fun packages my mom would send me laden with Korean goodies. However some of these goodies turned out to be a bit problematic.

These felt craft kits come complete with everything needed to make a box of chocolates, a birthday cake, and little rabbits, unfortunately the direction are all in Korean. Even though I was in Korea for 3 months, the only Korean words I can muster up are "how much", "hello", "goodbye" and "mom". I feel like these words wont get me very far with these kits. I am endeavoring to make the birthday cake and just interpret the instructions the best I can.

I noticed on the directions that there was a website listed, but it was in Korean. I used Google translator to convert the page, but it only translated about 1/3 of the website. Blast.

Upon further inspection of the pattern, I noticed that there are numbers printed on the pattern, it shouildn't be that hard, right?

1 comment:

  1. Shouldn't be a problem to make at all! How come there is no mold on your cannoli?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...