Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year Means New Things

Well, I am officially getting back into the swing of things around here, after all of the holiday excitement it's back to business as usual. School starts in less than a week (so soon!) and then I will be a very busy little bee indeed. I made this scrumdiddlyumptious dessert for New Year's Day.


 It is a Buche de Noel, which resembles the traditional yule log. It turns out that most of the people that I made this dessert for had no idea what a yule log was, *gasp*! My log was the less fancy version of this one, since my candy thermometer was broken, (that explains why I burned the sugar so badly for the frosting, the result being a frosting-less log). I will definitely be making this as a yearly tradition. I do love traditions <3.

Since I am on the subject of New Year's, here are

I like making resolutions, they are like making promises to yourself and setting goals for the new year. And by posting them for everyone to see, it is a way to keep me accountable too. :)


1. Update my etsy shop semi-regularly, for now I will try at least once every 1-2 months.


2. Learn to crochet and not get mad. Something about crocheting just doesn't click with me and I end up with a long chain and nothing else. Then I just unravel the chain and wind up with a tangled mess of yarn. I will use these little lovelies as my inspiration.

3. Get 1,000 blog hits per day, now this is an ambitious one but with the help of Elsie's fabulous e-course Blog Love it can be done.


4. Pick up the ukulele again, when I was a young'n I lived in Hawaii and used to play, but I have since long forgotten how.

I'm excited to get started. Hooray for 2011!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, your resolutions are so ambitious! Mine are something like "actually figure out paypal so I can put things on etsy. Sell something on etsy. Keep making art. Make dinosaurs. Maybe blog and post art online sometimes."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours are good Kira, keep up with the art and the dinos. Paypal is pretty easy to set up, from what I remember. But I set it up so long ago that I don't really remember. :) When you open up your etsy, I will feature your store on my blog, so just let me know when it's up and running!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...