Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fun With Naturecraft

I was going through some of my books today and I opened up this vintage craft book that I picked up at a library book sale several years ago.


It's full of great ideas of cute little things to make out of natural objects. And every chapter begins with the word "fun", what could be better?


I like this chapter "Fun with Nuts" even though I dislike walnuts immensely (they squeak when you eat them), many types of projects can be made out of their shells.


One of my favorite projects out of the book would be this walnut raft. If only my nephews lived nearby we could craft up a few of these and let them float away.


The teepee scene is just too cute, I am going to have to go out and hunt around for twigs to make into trees, rocks to make into boulders and a big piece of bark to use as the ground. This idea reminds me of hunting for rocks last year...


An alternative to a bird feeder; a threaded spool for birds to make their nests out of string.


Forget about a ship in a bottle, how about a cucumber in a bottle? I remember trying to grow a cucumber once, but I watered the plant too much and killed it. But this cute project is worth another shot at growing cukes.

1 comment:

  1. I think Judah would like to make a nut raft. He would say "eww wow! Wat is it?"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...