Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's A Wonderful Life

That's true, it is a wonderful life. Little baby will be here any day, D. is going to graduate this Saturday (good job!), and Christmas is right around the corner. 


The other night while we were watching It's A Wonderful Life, an annual favorite of ours, I couldn't help but take note of the illustrations used during the opening credits of the movie. I am such a fan of vintage illustration, that I had to pause the movie every few seconds and take screen shots of the artwork. 

I can imagine making the tree into a felt applique with sequins and glitter, how cute!


More glitter bells, I am a fan of glitter.





Festive poinsettia with fern embroidery stitch. 

I think it's funny how some people watch movies to get ideas from the set design, others because they like the costumes while I watch movies and get craft ideas from them. In fact I think I am going to whip up a felt applique for little baby's Christmas stocking right now!

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your time and effort in putting this together. I love the artwork in the opening credits of It's a Wonderful Life.
    I hope and pray that your craft projects work out the way you want and that you and your family have a Blessed Christmas Season!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...