Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Garage Sale!

Ok, I've realized that as of late I've only been posting about vintage goodies that I've been finding, but I can't help it! For some reason I had this past Saturday off from work so dearest D. and I went out on the hunt for garage sales. We checked the paper and craigslist for local sales and away we went! We found a street where many of the neighbors were hosting yard sales and as we were walking toward one house dearest D. thought it looked very familiar. It turned out to be his friend's house from high school and we did indeed hit the mother load there. I was looking all around the driveway while D. was catching up with his pal.


I saw one of these Amish pattern pyrex dishes on a blog I follow, and I thought it would be fun to find one, and I did!



                                      

It turns out that the friend's grandma was quite the embroiderer, there were such beautiful pieces.


It is as though this doily was meant to be made into a peacock.


I've had my eye on snack plates on eBay and I found a complete set of six in perfect condition.

                                              

Milk glass vases in the $ 0.10 bin!


                                                

This was purchased from a different garage sale for only $3, I thought it would look super cute with a glass knob from Anthropologie. (The knob will most likely cost more than table)

1 comment:

  1. cute finds! I really like the side table. A colored glass knob will look perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...